Wednesday, April 28, 2010

In knitting news

A few things you may want to check out:

This Saturday, Knit One One in Berkeley is having their May Magic Craft Sale. I will be on a plane, but you should go! Those caramels look delectable, and there are some really cute coin purses, bags, jewelry, awesome San Francisco cards, and oodles of other things. Check it out!

Mark your calendars now for Sunday, June 27. My favorite local yarn store, Piedmont Yarn (warning: Flash!) is hosting the first Oakland Fiber and Textile Festival (another warning: Yes, Flash! Sorry. :-/) in Splash Pad Park where Grand and Lakeshore meet 580. I can't wait for this! I  know it's Pride weekend, but the parade's in the morning, you'll still have time to come out to the Festival for the afternoon. Bente is focusing on getting as many local yarnies and fiber artists here as possible; I love how much value she places on supporting locals.

This new series of Fit 2 Flatter tutorial posts on Stash Knit Repeat looks really promising. Maybe between this, my Big Girl Knits books, and Custom Knits, I'll find altering knit garment patterns a little less intimidating.

No comments:

Post a Comment